Hello SP Families,
My name is Erin Grande, and I am excited and honored to introduce myself as the new Middle School Principal at San Pasqual. I am extremely proud to be joining the school community as a leader this year, and to support our students and families.
This will be the start of my 16th year in education. My career began in 2006, in Upstate New York, where I am originally from. I began as a Reading Specialist and Special Education Teacher at the elementary level. In 2010, I moved to Yuma, AZ where I taught Kindergarten and later became an Instructional Mentor and Preschool Director, which sparked my desire to pursue a leadership role. I have had the tremendous pleasure of being a part of the San Pasqual Valley Unified School District for the last nine years as a teacher at both the elementary and middle school sites, along with being the ASES coordinator for the last five years.
I would like to take this opportunity to highlight some goals that will be our primary focus at the middle school this year:
1. School Culture and Pupil Engagement
- Increase student attendance percentage
- Decrease discipline referrals
2. Educational Partner Involvement and Learning
- Increase staff communication with families
3. Student Achievement: Curriculum, Instruction, and Achievement
- Increased scores on the CAASPP English Language Arts and Mathematics Assessments
- Increased scores on the English Language Arts Assessment (ELPAC)
- Improve upon communication strategies which will include goals, objectives, and initiatives of the middle school
5. Increased use of Data
- Student achievement data will be gathered and analyzed in six-week cycles
- Site leadership will lead data discussions with grade level teams and teachers will make instructional decisions because of those discussions
I am beyond thrilled about this opportunity and I am looking forward to working collaboratively with teachers, staff, students, and families to ensure a successful school as we continue to strive for excellence at San Pasqual.
San Pasqual Middle School Principal